Monday, May 12, 2014

My Mother's Day!

Hey everyone! I have lots to post from the weekend and Mother's Day so I decided to make them two different posts. First up, Mother's Day!
Little A, T and I went to NYC for the morning. We started with lunch at my favorite place: Quintessence! I started with Yerba Matte Latte which was made with their housemade cashew milk. Yum!
Little A had a huge bowl of chia pudding! Obviously, she couldn't eat it all so her and T shared. He also had a coconut shake. But he is now obsessed with chia pudding! Guess I'll be making it often!
I chose to have the "Fofu Benedict" which was made with raw mock tofu. The "Fofu" was made with Irish moss, macadamia nuts and other raw goodness. It was served on a "bagel" with avocado, mock "sausage" made with nut meat, a "hollandaise" sauce and "caramelized" onions. All raw, organic and vegan! Yumm! There was also a salad on the side served with their amazing mint dressing. 
Little A and I enjoying our meals!
After that we took a walk to Whole Foods where I had a kombucha on tap! Love that stuff!
We also hit up "Live Live" which is right next door to Quintessence. I picked up a few raw treats including a U Rawk raw bar, LuLu's chocolate, a raw Mallomar from Jana Sweet and lotion made from my favorite olive oil, Barani. 
Here are all the lovely things I received from T and Little A, the raw goodies, these awesome pants that haven't come yet, but this is a pic of them (from The Paisley Rooster online), a cool Buddha that is filled with little trinkets, rice, resin and charms and the most touching cards.
When we got back from the city, we took a little walk at a lake nearby.
I hope you all had a wonderful day, however you celebrated!
Have a great day! XO

5 comments:

Nelly said...

I am so happy you had a beautiful Mother's Day! You totally deserve it!

Lisa Viger is Raw on $10 a Day (or Less!) said...

Aww, you're such a lovely mom! Glad you have a great mother's day!! You and Little A are adorable!

Cosmic said...

Oh my..this mommy is blessed for sure!

X

Sanni said...

Would love to recreate the fufo dish, sounds yummy

shannonmarie said...

Happy belated Mother's Day! Loving the white outfits, and that Fofu Benedict looks so good.