Friday, May 2, 2014

Meals to Warm Your Soul

Happy Friday and Happy MAY! I hope you all had a wonderful week. The rain kept us in a few days, staying comfy with some warming meals. :) I changed up my bio a bit in some of my social media spots and on blogger. I kinda love it now! 
Little A and I had this lovely plate of goodness outside one afternoon: carrots, celery, raw crackers, kale chips, baby peppers and radishes. All sprinkled with pink salt. Salt on radishes in my new favorite thing!
For dinner one night I made a lentil soup wit red lentils, kale, garlic, onion, carrots and celery. On the side was a big salad with mixed greens, radishes, avocado, olives and kimchi. I always use the same dressing: olive oil and coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar and I always use the same spices: cumin, turmeric, ground pepper and garlic powder.
One rainy afternoon my Father-in-law brought me some root vegetable soup that his vegan girlfriend had made. Talk about delicious! Every root veggie you can imagine and some kale. YUM!
This was some tea I made one day: warm water, lemon, turmeric, ginger and apple cider vinegar.
And finally, a yummy Chipotle style bowl we had for dinner: rice, pinto and black beans, salsa and avocado. Seasoned with lots of cumin! Perfect for Cinco de Mayo on Monday!
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Nelly said...

I wold really love the recipe of the root veggie soup!!!

;)