Monday, December 23, 2013

This Will Keep You Full..

Hey Everyone! Are you excited for Christmas? Little A "gets it" this year, so it is super magical for us! I can't wait to see her face Christmas morning. She asks me every morning if "Santa comes today?" I probably won't post again until Friday, but this post has more then enough food to keep you full! ;)
This was a salad I had for dinner one night last week: baby bok choy, Bubbies pickles, kimchi, capers, avocado, olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
I had this on the side: a yam topped with kale lightly cooked with garlic and coconut oil.
Little A had this the same night: a yam (she ate the whole thing!), avocado with capers, the same kale and white beans with dulse flakes.
On Friday night we had dinner at Whole Foods, I made this salad: raw kale with carrots, olives, cherry peppers, falafel, artichoke hears, hummus, guacamole and purple cabbage.
On Saturday we took a little adventure to the Christmas Parade at Sesame Place. Beforehand, we ordered lunch for a local Middle Eastern Place. I had falafel (it was a falafel weekend) over a Greek salad, hold the feta!
Here is Little A and I at Sesame Place!
And a collage of the fun!
By the time we left there it was late.. Luckily there was a Whole Foods on the way back. I was still pretty full from lunch so I just had some raw kale and roasted potatoes and a fresh squeezed tangerine juice. Yum!
On Sunday we ran some errands and took a ride to Deans in Basking Ridge. I had an "Eggnog" Smoothie: bananas, dates, ginger, cinnamon, almond milk. Amazzzzing!
I also had some raw onion rings from Brad's Raw.
After that, we checked out a new Costco that opened nearby. I found these goodies: organic dates and organic coconut oil. What a steal too! ;)

Have a very Merry Christmas! I'll be back on Friday with a Christmas update! XO

3 comments:

Cosmic said...

Lovely pic & delicious, nourishing eats; enjoy the holidays!

X

Sanni said...

Can u do a post on foods u actually eat . More of what u don't to keep you feeling good. I never see any soy products, do you avoid all together?

Lauren said...

Absolutely will do! Sanni! :)