Monday, December 16, 2013

A Snowy Weekend

Hey All! I hope you all had a great weekend, here are some recent eats..
This was broccoli and potato soup with quinoa. I basically cooked potatoes, celery, carrots and broccoli in garlic, coconut oil, and broth then blended a little more then half and added it back to the pot with some quinoa. Yum!

We got a nice little snow storm on Saturday, we stayed in and enjoyed this snack plate: carrots, celery, Bubbies pickles and hummus.
Nothing like a bowl of comfort on a snowy night... This was polenta cooked with shiitake mushrooms, tomato sauce and white beans, topped with raw arugula.
After dinner with all took a walk in the woods near our house. It was freeeeezing!
On Sunday morning, my Father-in-law came over to watch Little A so T and I could get some of her Christmas shopping done! I am so excited for this Christmas because she actually "gets it" this year!

After that we picked up Little A and grabbed salads from a nearby cafe. Mine was mixed greens, white beans, chickpeas, artichokes and sun dried tomatoes.

Have a great day! XO

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Your soups always look sooo delicious! I want some! That salad is amazing too :) What is your favorite brand of hummus?

Nelly said...

great question...I too, am very curious on your brand of hummus...

Lauren said...

Hi ladies! I use an organic one from Good Neighbors, I like the garlic flavor best. I mostly buy this one because it is the only organic one they sell at Whole Foods! I really love Bobbies Hummus and Lilly's but Bobbies isn't organic and has soybean oil (ICK!) and Lilly's they don't sell near me. :) XO